Watch the video
- Results in just about one second
- Reagent-free microcuvettes
- 40 days / 10,000 tests continuous use
- 2½ years cuvette shelf life
Immediate hemoglobin results from a hand-held analyzer
EKF Diagnostics’ DiaSpect Tm is the world’s fastest hemoglobin analyzer. DiaSpect Tm delivers laboratory quality results in just about one second of the microcuvette being placed into the analyzer.
The analyzer is palm-sized, making it easily transportable, and because it has no moving parts it can be used in any screening setting in any environment.
DiaSpect’s ‘always-on’ technology means that professionals can start to use the device immediately and the rechargeable internal battery, which provides up to 40 days continuous use, provides the flexibility of not needing a power source for weeks at a time.
The microcuvettes have a shelf life of up to two and a half years and can be used until the expiration date, even after opening the bag. This makes them ideal for settings with low prevalence of anemic patients.
The microcuvettes are unaffected by humidity or temperature and are therefore particularly suited for use in hot and humid climates.
In addition, they are designed to collect a blood sample from any angle without forming air bubbles; this feature ensures that the need for repeating the testing procedure is minimised.
Easy to use
- 'Always-on' technology. Ready for use immediately
- Three simple steps to result
- Automatic self-check between each measurement
- Symbol-based instructions
- No additional calibration required
Accurate and reliable
- Photometric method using a broad spectrum
- Operating ambient temperature 10 °C- 35 °C
- Measuring range: 0 - 25.5 g/dL
- Imprecision (within run): CV <1 %
- Factory calibrated against HiCN reference method according to ICSH
Frequently asked questions
What measuring method is used?
The EKF Diagnostics DiaSpect Tm is a photometer with a broad spectrum. It also compensates for turbidity and scattering.
What are the advantages of reagent-free cuvettes?
Reagent-free cuvettes are made from Plexiglass (PMMA) and are unaffected by humidity or temperatures making them ideal for use in tropical regions or those with extremes of temperature.
They also have a long shelf life and can be used up to two and a half years after the bag has been opened.
What connectivity packages are available?
DiaSpect Tm has a USB port available for data export. A data transfer protocol is available for integration with third party software and can be provided on request. An integrated BlueTooth module is also available and can be activated on request.
Where is DiaSpect Tm manufactured?
The DiaSpect Tm analyzer and cuvettes are manufactured in our facility in Sailauf, Germany by DiaSpect Medical GmbH, a wholly owned subsiduary of EKF Diagnostics.
Practical and portable
- Hemoglobin results from one sample available in approximately one second
- Venous or capillary blood (EDTA and Heparin anticoagulant can be used)
- Compact in size and weighs just 180g
- No maintenance required. Auto self-test
- Integrated rechargeable battery (40 days or 10,000 tests continous use)
- Sample volume <10 µL
- Shelf life of up to 2.5 years, even after the bag has been opened
- Storage temperature: 0 °C - 50 °C (- 30 °C - 70 °C up to 24 hours)
- Easy to pick up and handle with gloves
- CE marked
- Manufactured in Germany
EKF Diagnostics’ Hemo Control is a point-of-care hemoglobin analyzer designed to provide quantitative, lab quality results within 25 seconds.