Careers at EKF Diagnostics
EKF Diagnostics is a global medical manufacturer of Point-of-Care and Central Laboratory devices and tests including hemoglobin tests, HbA1c tests, glucose and lactate tests.
The UK office is headquarters to our finance and marketing teams and a newly opened lab facility. Our German office is home to EKF's manufacturing, R&D and Regulatory Affairs departments for our Point of Care range. EKF also has manufacturing sites in San Antonio and Elkhart in the USA.
EKF Diagnostics Holdings plc (UK)
19 Stanwell Road
Development Technician (Lab-based)
Work within a newly established development and application laboratory for a global medical diagnostics company. The goal will be to establish a development programme enabling the use of the existing product portfolio in new markets. The successful candidate will need to become proficient in the use of the full product portfolio, applying this knowledge to design and implement protocols to produce data that will support the successful launch of new applications. The activity will be project-based and will also involve some limited travel to the company’s manufacturing facilities in Germany and the USA. Based in Penarth, Cardiff, UK.
- To carry out all tests required within the development lab.
- To design and perform method evaluation protocols according to CLSI guidelines.
- To work with the product management team on planning application development activities according to business needs.
- To work within the guidance of the regulatory affairs team to produce claim support protocols and reports.
- To maintain the lab including the ordering of all necessary materials to do so.
- To work safely regarding personal safety and the safety of colleagues and others.
- To dispose of waste in a safe manner and observe environmental safety.
- To be able to work unsupervised but within an agreed work schedule.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience of the medical diagnostic market.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to travel (approx. 10%)
- Experience of working within an ISO 13485 environment.
- Experience of working with CLSI guidelines.
- Experience of working with point-of-care IVD.
- Educated to PhD level.
- Be confident, smart in appearance and able to absorb and communicate complex information.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with minimum of two years' experience, preferably as in-house designer. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated professional with initiative, creativity, and is adept at managing their own workload and deadlines. Good at communicating and creating simple, effective concepts for complicated ideas. Based in Penarth, Cardiff, UK.
Work with Product Management and Marketing teams to ensure sales and marketing materials are up to date and on-brand. Materials include:
- Print advertising
- Exhibition stands and associated materials
- Product sales information and sales support documents
- Product catalogue
- Corporate marketing materials including Annual Report (EKF Diagnostics is listed on the Alternative Investment Market) and presentation materials
EKF operates a number of websites, in English and German. Projects include:
- Banners and graphics
- Email using Mailchimp
- Third party portals
- Infographics and animations
- Video. Creation of showreels for use at exhibitions, ‘How-to’ videos, encoding and video compression
- Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects...)
- Advertising: Idea creation for campaigns
- Animation: Good at animating infographics and simple videos
- Product launches: Experience in branding and packaging
- Photography: In-house product shots
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days holidays + bank holidays
- Flexible working outside of core hours
- Company pension scheme
- Private health insurance scheme
- Training and progression opportunities
To apply please send your CV, portfolio and cover letter to
See our vacancies at EKF-diagnostic GmbH which is based near Magdeburg, in Germany.